Monday, December 10, 2012

Mimesis



Even though the last time I bought something made of taffeta was for my high school grad, there's something about taffeta that screams 'Christmas party'. And if I had a swanky Christmas party to go to this year, this is what I would want to be wearing. From the S/S 13 collection of Polish designer Kamila Gawrońska-Kasperska (remember that awesome Metropolis-inspired shoot?), this leafy/frond frock is available in the NJAL shop. Though, in reality, if I had the money, I'd probably change my mind at the last minute and swap it for the longer and darker green pencil version seen below, which has pleats made of an overlaid chiffon layer, rather than the same silk taffeta of the base. Or, perhaps the Inbar Spector-esque piece, with a slip dress underneath. Either way, I think I'd have to call up my prom date to see if he still wanted to dance.



P.S. Whether you can read Polish or not, I highly suggest that you 'Like' Kamila's Facebook too - that's how I saw these beauties!


Related Posts