Sunday, April 1, 2012

Semper ubi sub ubi



You know you're a nerd when you're so excited to be studying Latin again that you can't actually concentrate on studying Latin. I did, however, manage to get through six chapters of good ol' Wheelock this weekend and notice the gem that is this post's title, which I don't remember reading the first (or second) time around. Granted, that was roughly eight years ago... Anyway, I also managed to catch a post from the uber talented Don of Urbandon, informing the blogosphere that he has decided to create womenswear. And, it was not an April Fools' post! I've already informed him that this particular skirt of his has appeared in my dreams before, and therefore I must have it (amabo te). I will call it 'The Last Skirt I Purchased As a Non-Grad Student'.* Has a nice ring to it, no?

Anyway, the words you need to know for today's Latin lesson are as follows. Please be advised that the grammar is ridiculously incorrect.

- semper = always
- ubi = where
- sub = under

*Provided, of course, that a new mydearthing skirt is not released before September.


Related Posts