Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dainius Bendikas






I've just discovered my newest favorite designer. This is a steampunk version of the moon/Mars/Iceland, as seen through the eyes of Lithuanian designer Dainius Bendikas (found via NJAL). It produces flashbacks of (Tim Riggins as) John Carter, The City of Lost Children, MirrorMask, and that photo of Titan taken by the Huygens probe (you must watch Wonder of the Universe, one of the few things that I think warrant defecting to Blu-ray). I could also see Werner Herzog asking Dainius to be his wardrobe designer if he ever creates a space movie. And I don't see why he wouldn't. He managed to make a cop movie in his own (lizard-obsessed) image, so why not? But I digress. Dainius, you have a fantastic name, you're a genius (obviously, especially as your favorite movie is The Fountain), and I want your pants (see below).



Related Posts