Friday, August 12, 2011

You are currently online.


It seems as though I always want to spend the most money when I have none to spend. Sigh. Anyway, I'll pass on my current wishlist (of sorts) to you in the event that the Internet gods hear and send these lovely items my way.


1) I saw a couple different colours of wool crepe fabric sitting on Lauren's work table when I was there in June, but don't recall asking what would be made with it. But the Internets have revealed that what I saw are new colours for the much-loved mydearthing Opening Dress. I love the new (4-ply) bronze colour, but am also tempted by the (2-ply) navy option.


2) Queen Michelle's post this morning led me to a new-to-me label called Factory by Erik Hart, whose new pieces are available at I Don't Like Mondays. I'm not sure where the pieces are produced, but I quite like the fact that the leather used in the jacket and the dress is actually vegan. I'm not one of those vegetarians that likes eating fake meat products, and I don't know if I'd want to pretend that I'm wearing animal skin either. But it's nice to see an alternative provided for those who do like the look of leather.


3) Now that I'm a fan of that lace-up pointy toed shoe style, I kinda sorta like these Melissa oxfords (also available on IDLM). However, I can't help but think that plastic would make my feet revolt (and/or revolting). 


4) You may remember my post from a while back on Audrey Cantwell's new label, Ovate. I just had a second look at that post this morning and discovered that Audrey has just put up an e-shop for the first Ovate collection. I didn't know that those lovely looking loose knit pieces all contain leather (sigh), but I also hadn't noticed that the sheer chiffon pieces have a vertical print down the centre that is a line of poetry in Rune script. Those felted high waist leggings are pretty sweet too.


Related Posts