Saturday, January 8, 2011

Elephants' Ballet


...and by 4-6 inches, they of course meant 12+ inches. With the landlord's snow removal machine out of service until Monday, I had my work cut out for me, trying to shovel the immense parking lot entrance and our parking stall so that my man could at least not get stuck a few feet away from the front door. I highly recommend to anyone that has had a long week, especially one ending in a foot (or more) of snow, to make a snow angel. Very therapeutic.

I also highly recommend using this super secret code that arrived in my inbox today: happynewyear. What this string of letters will do for you is get you 25% off your purchase at ---.com. You should know who this is:


If you don't know, let me (re-)introduce you to the lovely work of Maria Severyna. The code is actually for any purchase from the Designer Dream Closet, which is run by the wonderful Katherine. However, the DDC and Miss Severyna are one and the same to me, as the DDC is basically the only place you can get your own Maria Severyna piece, at least online (besides Katherine's eBay shop, of course). I would get one of every wrap if I could, as I love my grey one so much, or any of her other warm and snuggly things. I am, however, right now ogling the grey jersey (!) Maria Severyna Abito Dress (below), which would be absolutely perfect for my brother-in-law's wedding in the summer. I was wanting to look for a dress while in NY, but as this comes from NY anyway, that's basically the same thing, right?


Maria Severyna Cascading Abito Dress, front above and back below (asymmetrical hem can be wrapped up and around to button under bust, as shown on the right)


By the way, though I often don't try to explain the origin of my weirder post titles, I thought I'd step up and say that this one is the name of a song by a band/man called (Michel) Jelonek. I thought it fit rather well because, well, elephants are grey, and the Abito Dress would also be perfect to wear to a ballet. I know, it's a bit of a stretch (as is the jersey...). But you really should look up Jelonek. They/he know(s) how to rock the violin. But don't just take my word for it...


(You're welcome.)


Related Posts