Thursday, December 30, 2010

Obakki



So, while I did end up getting that bARBARA Í gONGINI cardigan after I posted about it, I seem to still be looking for the perfect little button up. The bÍg one is really very lovely, but I can't seem to figure out how to style the square corners if I wear it with the sleeves attached (my favorite way to wear it is actually without the sleeves and upside down for a cropped cowled vest). I likely will not be purchasing anything (except some more Twin Syndrome high-waisted undies and perhaps a good pair of warm walking boots) before my 2nd NY trip, but I sure would appreciate this perfect (and olive coloured!) draped modal and wool grandpa sweater by Obakki. Obakki is a Vancouver-based higher end label (which I could've sworn I had posted about before) from designer Treana Peake, which is all about craftsmanship (each piece is made in Vancouver) and humanitarian aid (100% of one of the lines go to childrens' orphanages in Cameroon). Though I'd much rather visit their flagship store in Vancouver, their online shop has a lovely sale right now, making these luxury pieces a wee bit closer to my budget (though the gorgeous ombre coloured all wool version is still way too far away). If I actually had a spending budget right now, that is.


Related Posts