Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nuit Comme Oui



Danish label Nuit Comme Oui is only one year old, founded in 2009 by designer Natasja Qvitzau Lund. And yet there are already two glorious, albeit small, collections, complete with some great photographs. Every piece is one size, and every design incorporates origami, as each piece is essentially a square, experimentally folded to create some gorgeous draping. The above photos are from NCO's first collection, 'Unspoken Folded Stories', which is available to buy at Art Rebels. I personally am quite drawn to the beautiful short jumpsuit (above, bottom right). In fact, I think it might just have to go in My Top 3 Want List. I'm sure I could quite effortlessly incorporate it into my wardrobe, even though it would be the lone jumpsuit in my entire closet/house/life, aside from my blue monkey suit from working at a machine shop summers ago...


And these photos are a few of the pieces from the 'Fleeing Boastful Creatures' collection. This A/W 10 collection is technically from the 'Nuit Comme Oui et Segall' label, being a collaboration between Natasja and Karen Segall, who did the illustrations on the pieces. Cold, but lovely. Reminds me of the Caribou video for 'Odessa'.

Visit Nuit Comme Oui's blog for some more origami, and her Facebook page for updates!


Related Posts