Friday, August 28, 2009

Three beautiful things




1) If you've decided you want to buy just one piece for the fall and want to spend under $200, you should probably listen to me and get the complexgeometries two face dress. I just received mine (my birthday present to me!) and I'm in love (so yes, I know I've blogged about this dress at least twice, but you'll just have to deal with it). Not only is this dress exquisitely cut and impeccably made, but it also features an ingenious design of two drawstring-ed holes, a unique shoulder seam, and barely perceptible batwing sleeves. All together, these characteristics mean that you have at least 3 styling options for the dress. You can wear the bigger hole as the neckline, creating a deep-plunging front that's great for layering. Or, you can wear the dress on its own with the smaller hole as the neckline, giving you the option of more coverage in front (first picture above), and an open or closed back. And, for those warmer fall days, you can actually wear this as a halter dress, with the sleeves draping beautifully in front (third picture above). I'm not a mini-dress sort of gal, but I'll be wearing this as a dress while in the house, as it's super comfy for lounging in. It also looks fantastic over leggings (well, I'm guessing on this one since I don't have my Norwegian Wood leggings yet) and jeans. The sizing recommendation I got from Adam at cg was also dead on - you may want to order a size up than usual for this dress. The 30% wool content is a wee bit itchy on my sensitive skin, but it's definitely worth it for the amount of wear I'll get out of it.


2) We finally have a sneak peek at Alexandra Groover's S/S 10 collection! This dress is featured in the current issue of i-D. If I needed a formal dress, I'd definitely want this one.

3) And lastly, I have yet another ArtLab piece to feature. I've blogged about Patricia's Revolutionary Girl jacket before, but this one is a bit longer and more oversized - just the coat for me! I've found that, since I acquired The Hoody, I am now on the hunt for The Jacket. Not to ignore my Vivienne Westwood jacket, but I do need something a bit more everyday wearable to be a contender for the title of The Jacket. Also, I really don't think this girl could do any wrong.


Related Posts