Thursday, June 11, 2009

If only I were made of foam and paper...


Yes, I know this is a doll, thus rendering the dress quite too small. But this is my desired look for the day. It somehow just represents how I'm feeling this sluggish afternoon. And of course I was reeled in by the doll's title ('Persephone Ascending', for the Classics geek in me). And also by the location of the artist, Black-eyed Suzie (Montreal, where I would love to live). I do think I could find a similar look in my new haunt (ArtLab's shop, of course!). Hmm...

Actually, in the 5 minutes it took me to write this, and whilst perusing the lovely listings of ArtLab (I somehow always find something I didn't notice before!), I found another look I wouldn't mind for my mood right now. I'm quite positive that this is the only way to get me into a jumper/romper/harem pant that seems to be the craze (at least in the blogosphere). Yes, I balk against that fad, although I can't say I've actually tried it. But if it's an ArtLab creation, I am more than willing to try my hand at being 'the girl who leapt through time...'. Especially with that sculptural shoulder detailing! Somehow it looks so comforting to me, like the sumptuous quality of the piece is embracing its wearer.



Related Posts