Tuesday, May 12, 2009

To add something to the blogging world and to restore my grammar skills


I always wanted to be a writer and loved writing papers in my 6 years of university. Now I've been out of school for a couple years and I sound like I'm in dire need of an English grammar course. So please, if anything, please correct my grammar as I ramble on about my daily musings/favorites/dislikes.

So, first up, today's favorites:


Amazing Irish metal band that I saw last night. Sadly, I only caught the last couple songs of their set, their first appearance in Canada. I've loved all things Irish since I can remember, so I was immediately intrigued, even though the singer looked pretty creepy with the black makeup melting off his shaved head. But seriously good stuff. I'm kind of bummed that I didn't pick up the sweet ancient Roman art looking t-shirt I saw at the show, especially since it's not on their website. If anyone sees them, I'd be most delighted if you'd get one for me!

2) Sigur Rós' "Von" on vinyl

I ordered this probably 5 months ago, and it finally showed up yesterday from the UK. Beat up, but amazing sound. This is the first album I heard from them, and I remember it freaking me out. But now I love it, and am so happy they finally released it on vinyl (limited edition, 200g at that). I often think that I'd be fine if I only had Sigur Rós to listen to for the rest of my life.

3) Scarves

It's horribly cold out today, and although I'm inside without a scarf on, I have many favorites to turn to in case I was crazy enough to go outside. My current likes are Bonzie's Le Coquette scarf, Bobelly's Cozyshrug, and Las Lopez's Point lace shawl. Whoever invented scarves deserves a medal of some sort.


Today's dislikes:

1) Sore throats (specifically mine).

2) Snow and below 0 temperatures in the middle of May (I hate Edmonton).

3) Sunburnt burns.

And finally, does anyone remember how to play 7-Up? All I remember is putting my head down and my thumb up...


Related Posts